Questions about sheduled transactions

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Fri Feb 13 05:46:11 EST 2009

Hello,

I'm currently investigating if I should switch from Quicken to
GnuCash and have some questions about sheduled transactions.

I have the following requirements:
- They should never be included automatically. I want to trigger the
execution one by one when it fits me.
- I want to be able to change/adjust the date, the amount and the
transactions of the current instance before including it.
- I want to be able to skip sometimes one occurence completly.
- I want to be able to insert an occurence earlier than the normal
due date.
- I would like a report about the sheduled transactions of e.g. the
next month, (including the amounts). But this is not a must, the
list in the sheduled transactions window is acceptable.
- I would like to remove the calender from the due date window to
have more place for the list of transactions.

Currently I do have the impression (it's a bit difficult to make
tests as I seem not to be able to insert sheduled transactions with
a first due date in the past) that I can't do most things I want to
do or that it can only be done with a lot of actions. Have I
overlooked something? Is there a better way to prepare
future transactions which would suits my needs better?

--
Ulrike Fischer