repaying credit

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 13 08:53:30 EST 2009

Girard Aquino <girardaquino at hotmail.com> writes:

> I've also done this but I created an A/R account instead. The transfers
> after then are pretty much the same. To my mind it makes more sense? I'm
> not sure what A/R actually means in the accounting world. :)

Accounts Receivable.  But you shouldn't use an A/R Type Account by hand.
It's designed to be used with the business Invoice/Bill/Payment features
only.  Entering data by hand could cause you problems, and none of the
business reports (e.g. Aging) will work if you enter A/R Txns by hand.

If you want hand-done Receivables use an account of type Asset.