Trouble in installing Gnucash on Mac OS 15.6 Intel

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 13 16:27:47 EST 2009

Xavier Lafon wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new with Mac (OS 15.6, Intel) and have some trouble installing Gnucash.
>
> I have X11 installed yet
> I installed Fink 0.9.0 (from http://www.finkproject.org/download/)
> and checked new packages by 'fink scanpackages; fink index'
>
> Then I installed Gnucash by :
> sudo apt-get install gnucash

The command you want is

fink install gnucash2

There isn't a binary available for 2.2.x of gnucash available in fink
yet (don't hold your breath waiting for one, either), so apt-get won't
work for the current version. And version 1.8.12 (associated with the
fink package gnucash) is extremely old and frequently doesn't work on
Intel macs.

> and when I launch gnucash from an X11 term, I get :
> bash-3.2$ gnucash
> Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net