Account specification of multiple transactions during/after import

Pascal Wolkotte p.t.wolkotte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:03:23 EST 2009

Hi,

I am a newbie on this mailinglist and I just started to work with
gnucash. I have not been able to solve the following situation.

>From my bank account I obtained all the transactions of a few years
into a csv file. I have found a tool that converts it to either QIF or
OFX, such that I can import it into gnucash. That works!

However, all transactions are in "imbalance" after the import and per
transaction I have to specify a specific expense or income account.
This is quite a lot of work. I would like to speed this up.
Furthermore, I would like to automate this for future imports for all
known transactions, for example my monthly salary. Does anybody have
tips how to achieve this?

Can I, for example:
- specify the account/category in OFX, or
- select multiple transactions and specify a single expense or income
account, or
- does gnucash support regular expresions that can match the
transaction's descriptions or other transaction details

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Pascal Wolkotte