Default account counterpart

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:07:47 EST 2009

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:42:10 -0500 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>
> The problem is the name: At first it is in the middle of my
> accounts, I would prefer to have it at the end of the list. And at
> second I called my expenses "Ausgaben" and I can't use the notation
> A: to select this account, I always have to type "Ausg:".
>
> I can naturally hide the account, but on the other side I do find it
> quite useful to see at a glance if I forgot a part of a transaction.
>
> Are they other accounts with an hard coded name and which will be
> recreated automatically sometimes?

There is an Orphan Account that can popup if you delete an account that
has assigned splits.

I think you might be missing the greater issue here though.  You aren't
supposed to use these hard coded accounts.  You are supposed to create
your own accounts that reflect where your money actually went or came
from (income, expenses, etc).  These accounts are only used when you
haven't entered your transaction into your own accounts.

-Dennis