Transactions in wrong account - moving them?

David Ryder davaweb at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 18 22:06:06 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 21:01 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting David Ryder <davaweb at bigpond.net.au>:
>
> >> Sure, just edit the transactions and change the account from one
> >> to the other.  You may need to expand the transaction (via the Split
> >> button) to see the "current" account.
> >>
> > I'm sorry, I just can't see how.
> > I want to move some transactions Dates, Descriptions, Amounts out of
> > Liabilities:AccountName into Assets:BankAccountName. I can't see how in
> > Edit I can do this? Am I not understanding the method you mean as I
> > can't see what steps are necessary?
>
> So you entered a transaction from Liabilities:Foo -> Expenses:Blah and
> you want to change it to be a transaction from Assets:Bar -> Expenses:Blah?
> Just open up your Liabilities:Foo account and for each transaction
> expand it and then change L:F to A:B

That is correct. I followed your instructions and all went well. A
sincere thank you very much.

> >> Um, I see them there...
> > If I click on a tranaction, the list that opens up contains:
>
> You're RIGHT clicking.. That's the CONTEXT menu.  Left click, then
> click on the Edit menu.

I neglected to mention my mouse is that way round. Yes, it is the Context
menu where I am referring to where, for me, cut, copy and paste would be
useful and less hand movement. I ask only from the disability angle.
gnu-cash is used a lot (business) and, selfishly perhaps, I think of what
would help me.

> -derek

May I just take this opportunity to thank everybody on this list who has
helped today.

David