What account do I make?

David Ryder davaweb at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 20 20:16:07 EST 2009

I just posted this - apologies for it being sent incomplete

Hi,
As a previous contributor said today, I am not an accountant - gnu-cash
rescued me so I can give my Accountant the information he needs.

But I have hit a snag that the more I think about the more confused I
get.

I have a an account with operating purely on a loan facility
(LIABILITIES:trading)
I buy and sell from this account. I need all the trades posted to the
same account.
Can I create an account under STOCKS without recording each by name?
Just posting all to the one account? The reason is that I do not want
gnu to act as a portfolio manager nor do I want to enter every commodity
as STOCKS wants me to. If so, how or is there an alternative? Note,
these are traded from a LIABILITY account.

Many thanks,
David