asset allocation report

Brad Haack bradhaack at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 14:52:06 EST 2009

I'd like to be able to generate an asset allocation report.  Each stock
or mutual fund would be assigned to an asset class, or partitioned into
several asset classes.  I don't see an easy path to accomplish this, any
ideas our there?

One way to get there would be to created an asset summary report &
export the html.  Run it through html2text (sure seems like GC should
have a csv or flat file export option!).  Massage the data with a script
or in a spreadsheet or octave.

A better option would be a new report which used an input file which
held the security asset class data.  I don't know scheme, so this isn't
something I'd want to tackle right now.

Any ideas?  Surely someone has already tackled this?