Multi-company accounting

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Thu Feb 26 05:11:21 EST 2009

Am Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:32:25 -0500 schrieb Derek Atkins:

>> Would it be possible to develop something that could handle multi-company
>> transactions if each company had its own GnuCash file?

> Nope.  Multiple data files are unique and idempotent.

Why not? As far I understood the question Conor is looking for
something that helps him to avoid errors when he had to insert
related transactions in two gnucash files.

There is no problem to open two instances of gnucash with two
different gnucash-files and switch between both to insert
transactions. So I don't see why it should be impossible to write
some GUI that can add transactions to two gnucash files and does
some checking, e.g. that their amount is the same.

--
Ulrike Fischer