Fwd: Multi-company accounting - shared account

Conor McGarry conormcgarry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:23:21 EST 2009

Hi Marcus

The companies don't share accounts.

Given the current GnuCash setup, having only 1 root account to hold all the
other accounts doesn't allow me to properly setup multi-companies within the
one file.  Equity, Income&Expenses and Assets&Liabilities cannot be mixed
within the same tree.

Also, the accounting entry for an intercompany transaction has at least 4
splits.

e.g. A pays B €1, the accounting entry would be as follows:

*Company A*
Credit cash €1
Debit intercompany loan €1
*Company B*