Mac OS/X Up and Gnucash startup errors

Steve Drach drach at itsit.org
Thu Feb 26 09:43:20 EST 2009

I run Mac OS/X 10.5.6 (9G55) and a Fink installed Gnucash 2.2.8.   All
was fine until I installed an update that came out two days ago.
Since then, when I try to start gnucash, I get an error stating it
cannot find default values (see attached photo).  If I go through the
setup process, I get a window, but it seems to be "dull" or missing
something -- hard to explain, perhaps fonts or styles are wrong.
Then if I quit and restart, I get the same error message.  Any ideas?