move tab from one window to another?

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Thu Jan 1 18:39:44 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:19:25PM -0500, Adrian Mariano wrote:
> I selected "New window with Page" in 2.2.6 while looking at a report.
> My report tab was relocated into its own window.  What I really wanted
> was a COPY of my report in another window.  Now I can't seem to find
> any way to get my report back into the main window.  I'd rather not
> have to try to recreate all the same report options.  So two
> questions:
>
> 1.  Can I get my report back into the main window?  (merge windows?)

not that I'm aware of, though, you could certainly try to drag and
drop it... might be some magical gtk thing to to that...

> 2.  Is there a way to execute the original task of making a copy of
> the report?

does the extra window persist over sessions? I never use multiple
windows, so I don't know. If it does, though, just save the report,
exit and restart gnucash, and re-run the report where-ever you want
it.