Finding Gnucash Files

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jan 2 15:02:40 EST 2009

(Sorry for the dup, Matt, forgot to CC: the list.)

"Matt Henley" <nwmatt at gmail.com> writes:
> I just updated my computer to 64 bit Gentoo.  I have kept all my old home
> directory structures.  I copied my banking directory over to my new home
> directory all my accounts are only current up to Apr... not Dec 18 when I
> last accessed them.  I looked in the files in the .gnucash directory but
> that didnt seem to hold the last files accessed.. where would I find a list
> of those?

It's in gconf, under the /apps/gnucash/history path.  Try
`gconftool-2 -R /apps/gnucash/history` to see the list (or use
{Gnome Applications Menu > System Tools > Configuration Editor} if you
have it installed.

If you didn't copy the gconf data over, well, it's not there.

GnuCash files have no specific enforced extension. See
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_are_all_these_.xac_and_.log_files_filling_up_my_directory.3F>
for details about the other .xac and .log files you may encounter.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}