Online banking

Dennis Muhlestein djmuhlestein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 15:16:36 EST 2009

dave boland wrote:
> Beginning of a new year and I'm looking at money management programs
> (again - I do it every year :-( ).  One of my requirements is online
> banking to the extent that a transaction (payment, transfer, etc.)
> recorded in gnuCash is sent to the bank, and new records downloaded and
> reconciled, without having to logon to the banks web site.
>
> After going through the gnuCash online documentation I don't know if
> this is supported, at least for U.S. banks.  Can someone clarify the
> extent of online banking as it currently exists and comment on the
> future (road map)?

I receive transactions from my bank and a number of different credit
cards just fine.  There was one credit card I wasn't able to download
transactions for.  I don't use bill pay features, but apparently they
are supported.  It isn't as easy to set up as Quicken but if you pay
attention to details on the Wiki it shouldn't be terribly difficult.  It
depends on your bank too though.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2

-Dennis