move tab from one window to another?

Adrian Mariano radian at cox.net
Fri Jan 2 14:54:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 02:56:10PM -0700, John R. Carter, Sr. wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Adrian Mariano wrote:
>
>> I selected "New window with Page" in 2.2.6 while looking at a report.
>> My report tab was relocated into its own window.  What I really wanted
>> was a COPY of my report in another window.  Now I can't seem to find
>> any way to get my report back into the main window.  I'd rather not
>> have to try to recreate all the same report options.  So two
>> questions:
>>
>> 1.  Can I get my report back into the main window?  (merge windows?)
>
> Not that I am aware of.
>
>> 2.  Is there a way to execute the original task of making a copy of
>> the report?
>
> Not clear what you mean by "task of making a copy of the report." But
> maybe this will answer it:
> First, change the name of the report (click on Options in toolbar, then
> click on the General tab.)  You will then be able to add the report to
> the current "Custom" menu (click the "Add Report" button in the toolbar -
> it is only active after the report name has been changed).  You will then
> be able to instantly recreate that report by clicking on Reports ->
> Custom -> (name of report).

Thanks for your helpful reply.

What I meant was to clone the existing report tab, but this is better,
actually, since it means I can regenerate the report if it gets
closed.

I had already renamed the report, but I found that to active the "add
report" button I had to rename it to something else and then rename it
back.  Is this a bug?