Importing QIF from Chase

hermit hermit at outofoptions.org
Fri Jan 2 22:45:09 EST 2009

Charles Day wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, hermit <hermit at outofoptions.org
> <mailto:hermit at outofoptions.org>> wrote:
>
>     I have downloaded and tried to import QIF files from Chase.  I found
>     something on the web from a year ago saying the Chase QIF's were
>     broken
>     and there was going to be a fix.  I am using the latest Mandriva
>     and QIF
>     is the ONLY choice I get for import.  Is this a compile option
>     left out?
>

> And what is the problem exactly? Can you point to an example or supply
> one?
>

>     Thanks....
>

> Cheers,
> Charles
File > Import > Import QIF

Opens a wizard.  I chose a file and get this.

Line 5: File does not appear to be in QIF format: C*
Read aborted.

I used this some years back and I seem to remember other choices, but
those don't show up.  I've poked around and don't see any other place to
import the bank data from.  Chase offers other formats, but I don't see
those in the menu.  I have tried to 'open' the file, but that doesn't
work either.  Since it is a 'package' I don't know if some compile
options were left out perhaps?  I could get the source and start over,
but it isn't that big of deal for me to reconcile by hand.

thanks