move tab from one window to another?

Adrian Mariano radian at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 01:13:01 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 07:34:51PM -0700, John R. Carter, Sr. wrote:
> (scroll all the way down)
>
> On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Adrian Mariano wrote:

>>> Not that I am aware of.

>>> Not clear what you mean by "task of making a copy of the report." But
>>> maybe this will answer it:
>>> First, change the name of the report (click on Options in toolbar,
>>> then
>>> click on the General tab.)  You will then be able to add the report
>>> the current "Custom" menu (click the "Add Report" button in the
>>> toolbar -
>>> it is only active after the report name has been changed).  You will
>>> then
>>> be able to instantly recreate that report by clicking on Reports ->
>>> Custom -> (name of report).
>>
>> Thanks for your helpful reply.
>>
>> What I meant was to clone the existing report tab, but this is better,
>> actually, since it means I can regenerate the report if it gets
>> closed.
>>
>> I had already renamed the report, but I found that to active the "add
>> report" button I had to rename it to something else and then rename it
>> back.  Is this a bug?
>

> I don't think so. Once you have renamed a report (from its original
> name), this activates the ADD button to allow you to add that report to
> your custom reports. Any amount of renaming after that simply allows you
> to add that new name to your custom reports. If you have modified the
> properties of a default report, why would you want to keep the original
> name?

I had not added this report as a custom report, but I *HAD* renamed
the report, and yet the "add report" button was grayed out.  So in
order to add the report as a custom report I had to rename it, which
caused the "add report" button to become available.  I then renamed it
back to the original name and then made use of the button.  It seems
odd that I had to go through this renaming dance in order to add the
report.