register column widths

mybuyer at roadrunner.com mybuyer at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 4 09:54:38 EST 2009

New user here. Installed and running 2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5 using the
MacPorts installation and the modification to use Quartz instead of X11.

In my account registers, the Memo column is wide and not really
adjustable--I can make it bigger, but not smaller and the response is
erratic. The Account column is small and I can make it smaller but not
bigger. The result is I can completely obliterate the Account column
with the Memo column. Clicking, dragging, double clicking and I was
able to get the columns to resize.

Bug? or is there some skill and technique to this?

-Paul