AP Bills Not Marked "Paid"

blackhawke blackhawke at vetl.org
Tue Jan 6 18:02:37 EST 2009

Okay, I know this has come up before, I have yet to see a resolution. (Though
I do see lots of discussion. :-P)

I have a growing number of "bills" (going back 18 months) that remain
unpaid, even though they  have been paid. And yes, they were entered
appropriately ("New Bill") and paid appropriately ("Process Payment"), etc.
"Vendor report" shows the appropriate balance due. In fact, everything seems
hunky dory except for this little issue -- which is only annoying in that it
makes the "bills due" pop-up perfectly useless.

I have tried, and marginally succeeded in using the "manual" method
"forcing" the bills paid flag to be set: I.E. delete the payments on the
"cash" side and re-enter them again via "Process Payments". But it doesn't
help the day to day entering of  payments to vendors that leave the bills
marked as "unpaid." And since some vendors can generate a half a dozen
invoices ("bills") a day, there are quite a few transactions here to deal
with.

So... Is their some other fix for this in the works? I just upgraded from
FC6 (which was GC 2.0 something) to Ubuntu 8.10, so am now running GC 2.2.6
-- the latest in the Intrepid Distro. I had hoped the GC 2.2x would solve
this, but it hasn't.

(Oh: And for the record: No, I don't go in and edit paid "bills." So
un-posting and reposting paid "bills" is not the cause.)