AP Bills Not Marked "Paid"

Blackhawke blackhawke at vetl.org
Thu Jan 8 19:12:48 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 18:19 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > =sigh= I'm not sure I remember.  I think I manually entered it based on
> > the 2006 closing data from the old system.
>
> If it was created by hand that will certainly throw off the business
> features.  It wont be a member of any lot and therefore wont be
> included in any computations.

Hmm... Well, all I can tell you is that when I run a report against this
(or any other vendor) the balances due and the 30/60/90 totals (if any)
are correct. Which is odd, since it seems to me that one part of the
software is saying there are unpaid bills going back to January 07, and
another saying everything's paid off up to the most recent bills.

> >> Also, I don't see any payment transactions.
> >
> > That's true. It isn't on that screen.  Attached is a screenshot of the
> > first payment -- again, showing the splits.
>
> Wait.... How is there a Split transaction?   Process Payment doesn't
> create any split transactions, so how did this payment get created?

Umm... All of the payments have splits.  And all the payments are made
using the "Process Payment" feature. Here are two more screen shots from
just a few months ago. The first shows what looks like a string of
payments. The second shows the splits of one of those payments.
Actually, to be honest, it shows the splits of all of the payments,
since they're all identical. The number of splits is equal to the number
of individual payment entries on the screen.

-=Blackhawke