Run on Vista / AMD?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Jan 10 08:05:26 EST 2009

Echo Beach wrote:

>I would like to be able to run GnuCash on my AMD laptop running Windows
>Vista.
>Is this possible?
>I downloaded the Windows binary and tried to run it, but suspect it is
>for x86 only - as it failed.
>Echo

Not likely the problem. You really have to provide more information than
"it failed". You should tell us ..........

a) How did it fail? What error messages did you receive?

b) Have you as yet successfully installed ANY software on your system?
(let's make sure not a general "how do I install "foreign" software
under Vista" problem). Need to keep in mind that Vista is a proper
"multi-user" OS with all that implies, even if you are in fact the only
actual user on the system, and so probably easy to install improperly.

Mike Novack