Error installing gnucash2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 (Intel)

Tom Carroll cgbosntom at mac.com
Sun Jan 11 19:54:38 EST 2009

I just went through the four hour process to install gnuCash 2.2.8 on Mac OS X 10.5.6 using the MacPorts Quartz install as found at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/MacPortsDetail

However, it did not create the Application link, so I navigated to /opt/local/bin and double-clicked gnucash and I get the following error:

/opt/local/bin/gnucash ; exit;
$ /opt/local/bin/gnucash ; exit;
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at configure time.

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

Then a dialog window opens up that reads:

An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for gnucash. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.

Nothing happens when I click the "details" button or the "OK" button.

The above error dialog opens over the top of the gnucash-bin window that provides another error.

The configuration data used to specify default values for GnuCash cannot be found in the default system locations. Without this data GnuCash will still operate properly but it may require some extra time to setup. Do you wish to setup the configuration data?

I can click on the "Quit", "Skip" or "Setup" buttons.

If I click on Setup it brings me to several other dialogs that I can accept the defaults as presented.  At this time it appars GnuCash starts with a blank screen.

I have not gone any further in trying the program until I can remedy the above errors.

Thanks for any help.

Tom