Entering a credit

Robert G Palmer Jr robertpalmerjr at mac.com
Mon Jan 12 22:55:54 EST 2009

Well, this sounded like the perfect approach, it would allow me to
continue to use the exact same pair of accounts: Income:Fees and
Asset:AR then just post an invoice with the credit amount.  In the
original invoice, I'm taking money out of Income:Fees and putting it
into Asset:AR and in the credit, I would be doing the opposite (due
to using negative numbers).  However, when I try to post this
invoice, I get an error dialog:

---> "You may not post an invoice with a negative total value."

The problem with a trying to post a payment is that, while Asset:AR
is available, no income accounts are available (only Asset and
Liability accounts) so I can't reverse the Income:Fees to Asset:AR
transfer that was created with the invoice.

So I guess I'm back to square one.

Again, the question - isn't the ability to post a credit a pretty
critical requirement for a business?

Robert