Testing a Windows build

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 03:46:43 EST 2009

Hi,

I have updated a bunch of libraries used for bundling the GnuCash
installer on Windows.  The two most important changes are

* Update libtool.  This greatly reduces compilation times, mainly for
developers.

* Update GTK+ and remove libgnomeprint*.  I hope that this might finally
fix some of our printing problems.

Any of these updates might break GnuCash somewhere else though and I
personally simply do not use GnuCash on Windows a lot.  That is why I
created a new installer for testing, which is not yet to be released.
You can find it here:

http://andi5.net/gnucash/win32/gnucash-2.2.8-svn-r17815-setup.exe
(md5sum: 5ed6992eb1eb6f98b94cdbd3bd272ca7)

The version need not be regarded as unstable, but please make sure you
make a backup of your data file before you test it, I hope as usual.  It
also does not contain every fix yet that will be included in GnuCash
2.2.9, the invoice closing crasher should have gone now though.

So I invite you to give it a try and use it, both for those use cases
that always failed for you and as in day-to-day business.  If you know a
bug that got fixed, add a comment there, otherwise create a new one or
comment here on the mailing list.

Thanks to all volunteers!

Ciao,
-- andi5