Running Finance::Quote ??

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 14 18:18:30 EST 2009

I am a Quicken user determined to convert to GnuCash

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04.

Just loaded GnuCash and manually established and populated an Account
Structure. All looks fine and makes sense.  Then I created and populated
a share portfolio according to GnuCash tutorial

Then I loaded Finance::Quote according to instructions from: GnuCash
Tutorial and Concepts Guide 8.6.3.1.  "gnc-fq-update" did it's thing and
seemed to install itself.

I ran "gnc-fq-dump" as instructed and get this report:-

Usage: /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump <quote-source> [-v] <stock> [<stock> ...]

Available sources are:
     tsp vwd financecanada yahoo_nz australia usa troweprice france
amfiindia nasdaq usfedbonds bmonesbittburns aex_options yahoo_asia
troweprice_direct tiaacref canada yahoo seb_funds adig yahoo_brasil
fidelity aiahk greece dwsfunds yahoo_australia unionfunds finland
lerevenu asia tsx indiamutual hex brasil asegr deka nyse canadamutual
fidelity_direct asx finanzpartner tdwaterhouse fool trustnet
ftportfolios_direct uk_unit_trusts dutch cominvest ftportfolios tdefunds
nzx za aex_futures fundlibrary stockhousecanada_fund aex yahoo_europe nz
vanguard bourso europe platinum maninv

My problem is- How do I update my portfolio>  I can't seem to find a
menu item to update.

Which looks something like this:

Stock(DIW)
                               0 CLH