Retrieving stock prices fails

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 14:34:28 EST 2009

Hi,
it seems that something is wrong with the plain 'europe' method for Yahoo whereas 'yahoo_europe' works:

$ ./stockdump.pl europe BAS.DE
Can't call method "rows" on an undefined value at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5
.8.8/HTML/TableExtract.pm line 224.
$ ./stockdump.pl yahoo_europe BAS.DE
$VAR1 = {
          'BAS.DEday_range' => undef,
          'BAS.DEeps' => '4.16',
          'BAS.DEname' => 'BASF',
          'BAS.DEyear_range' => undef,
          'BAS.DEsymbol' => 'BAS.DE',
          'BAS.DEprice' => '23.18',
          'BAS.DEsuccess' => 1,
          'BAS.DEdiv_yield' => '7.07',
          'BAS.DElast' => '23.18',
          'BAS.DEnet' => '-0.88',
          'BAS.DEdiv' => '1.95',
          'BAS.DEp_change' => '-3.66',
          'BAS.DEtime' => '16:35',
          'BAS.DEmethod' => 'yahoo_europe',
          'BAS.DEcurrency' => 'EUR',
          'BAS.DEbid' => '23.07',
          'BAS.DEcap' => undef,
          'BAS.DEisodate' => '2009-01-15',
          'BAS.DEpe' => '4.16',
          'BAS.DEopen' => '24.25',
          'BAS.DEclose' => '24.06',
          'BAS.DEdate' => '01/15/2009',
          'BAS.DEvolume' => '7764135',
          'BAS.DEask' => '23.14',
          'BAS.DEavg_vol' => '8926500'
        };

The error with 'europe' occurs because the csv-file cannot be retrieved:
http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv --> Sorry, Internal Server Error.

Cheers,
Klaus