How to write off bad credit

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Fri Jan 16 01:50:18 EST 2009

Hello Cam,

That's yet another idea... and the main problem I have is that it does
not show the transactions in the customer's report. This is really
important to me as I must keep track of how much I owe them: the payback
is in instalments, and may also be cancelled by a new invoice to them
for a new sale.

I do not keep an A/R for each and every customer, I consider that too
much work. I rather use the reports to check on customers, that is also
more transparent when I have to show it to the customer.

I'm afraid GnuCash simply can not do here what I need it to do.

For the business I'm anyway going to move to SQL Ledger, mainly for the
web based interface (not limited to a single computer/location), and the
better multi-currency support which is something that I really need to
work better: buying in EUR, selling in USD, and the base currency is
HKD... it just doesn't go well enough in GnuCash. I hope that package
can handle this kind of transactions better.
For my personal accounting I don't have this kind of issues so that's
going to be GnuCash all the way, I know it so well after six years and
it's a great solution for the basic stuff. SQL Ledger is overkill there.

Wouter.