How to write off bad credit

Bob Taylor bob8221 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 14:11:26 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 12:32 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Define "handle contra-accounts"?  Of course GnuCash lets you
> create contra accounts but there is nothing special about them.

If you mean define contra accounts then:

"A contra account is an account the balance of which is subtracted from
the balance of a second account to show a more proper amount for the
items recorded in the second account." [1]

I really should purchase a new accounting book. :-(

[1] Fundamental Accounting Principles, Fourth Edition 1966
    William W. Pyle and John Arch White
    Library of Congress Catalogue Card No. 66-11813
--
Bob Taylor