Stock software, trendlines

Mark snark at pobox.com
Fri Jan 16 16:16:51 EST 2009

Let me start with a caveat that this is probably a bad idea... but this
is what I did:

I have a backend process that processes the gnucash xml file.  It makes
a summary of it.  This summary is readable by cacti.  Cacti then creates
trend graphs of a multitude of things (stock prices is part of it, but I
have probably 70 graphs of various things.)

The plus side is you get a history going back as far as you want.  I
have mine for 10 years.  (I've been doing this a while.)  The
granularity becomes more and more coarse as you go back.

The bad side: the xml file will be changing and this will break.  Soon.