data lost between sessions

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Mon Jan 19 13:21:09 EST 2009

How have you been exiting GNUCash? Do you hit the save icon prior to
closing? I've been running on a Mac for the past 7 or 8 months in a
similar configuration to yours with no data problems.

If you do have a date/time problem, you should right click on the time
on the top status bar, then select "Open Date and Time". Select the
"Date and Time" tab and ensure the "Set date and time automatically"
box is checked. Then click Time Zone and ensure you have the correct
zone checked. The system will then periodically connect to Apple's
time server to keep your system clock up to date.

Regards,

Des

On 19 Jan 2009, at 10:08, Lenore Horner wrote:

> I'm on a Mac.  System date I can check.  I don't know equivalent of
> bios date.
>
> On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:51 PM, hermit wrote:
>
>> Is your bios and system date the same?  I don't know where the
>> program
>> gets the date from, but I would check that.
>>
>> Ken

>>> I have just opened the last 40kB file and done a save-as to a new
>>> file
>>> name.  The new file (and I did nothing but open it and save) is