aqbanking, OFX, Chase

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 23:25:14 EST 2009

On Jan 20, 2009, at 10:54 PM, brad haack wrote:

> I logged into the server before and after to double check the passwd
> & user name, the server worked and quicken worked.   Just now, I
> tried the "get accounts" again and got an unable to parse response
> error.  The log file actually looks OK to my ignorant eye, no
> errors.  No line feeds in the response either, is that normal?  When
> I 'Get Transactions' I get no transactions, but there should be.

The unable to parse response is definitely a different error than
unable to communicate with host. Which version of aqbanking is ubuntu
using with gnucash 2.2.6?

No line feeds in the response is a common approach used by banks. All
the examples in the ofx spec use at least line feeds, if not tabbing
too, but the spec doesn't require it, and neither do aqbanking,
libofx, or gnucash.

What does the log say when you try Get Transactions? If Get Accounts
isn't working, are you sure all the account settings are correct
before you try to Get Transactions?