Crash! (solved)

Wouter van Marle dec.wouter at dec-hk.com
Thu Jan 22 10:00:36 EST 2009

>> The below crash I solved already luckily: I had a custom report open
>> when I closed GnuCash, and then had removed that report from the
>> custom-reports-2.0 file, causing this crash.
>>
>> Known bug or shall I file a bug report? I'm not running the latest
>> version of GnuCash so maybe this is addressed already.
>
> Known bug.  I dont know if it's filed, but until there is
> a "delete custom report" it's basically a "you've just shot
> yourself in the foot -- don't do that to yourself" response
> to this.

GnuCash actually asked me to edit that file because for some reason
(another bug, for sure, but not one I know how to reproduce) it had two
reports with the same name in the custom reports file, and wanted me to
remove one.

So your answer is not really appropriate here.

And I'd say a simple fix would be that when trying to (re)create a
custom report upon startup or whenever, GnuCash should first check
whether that report exists and if not just not open it.

Wouter.