Slow startup on FreeBSD 7.1 + main: binreloc relocation support was diabled at configuration time

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 23 13:56:11 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:30:39PM -0500, Donald Allen wrote:

| faster, per-processor, and does I/O significantly faster. I've got the same
| Gnucash file on both machines. Gnucash goes from nothing to ready-to-go in
| about 15 seconds on the X61. It takes about twice as long on the
| workstation.

I'd love to have it startup that quick!

Gnucash always takes multiple minutes to start on my system.  I've
been using Gnucash since version 1.6 or 1.4, and this is not a new
situation.

My system is Debian "testing" on a 1GHz Athlon with PC100 RAM (the
motherboard doesn't handle PC133) and an ATA/100(?) disk.  This should
give some perspective on it.  OOo and FireFox also take a long time to
start up.

-Derrick

--
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
    --Jim Elliot

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/                  jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org