Fw: Re: Finance::Quote ??

Georg Stapper georgstapper at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 16:27:06 EST 2009

I set up a very simple account structure with assets, expenses and income in three different currencies (EUR, GBP and ZAR). There are two types of transactions: 3 income transactions (100 EUR, 100  GBP, 100 ZAR) and 3 expense transactions (100 EUR, 100  GBP, 100 ZAR). The base currency is EUR.

If I choose EUR as the report currency, then 2 exchange rates (EUR/GBP and EUR/ZAR) are sufficient to produce the correct results (see attached pdf). However, if I choose ZAR as the report currency I need also the the ZAR/EUR exchange rate otherwise the income and expenses in EUR are not calculated. Hence it makes a lot of sense, if "Get Quotes" actually pulls all the different exchange rates necessary for the report.

For all three currencies the "Get Online Quote" flag is set.

Cheers,
G.