Need HTML to doc help; Printing; non-profit in kind donations

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Jan 27 01:03:15 EST 2009

Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Food Pantry Helper wrote:
>
>> 2) I have the evil GNOME PRINTING CURSE- Brother's printer, prints it -
>> well, inside out, backwards.  IF, I say IF, I can save it to a .doc file,
>> hurray, then it prints normal.  Yes, I checked the advance printer
>> settings, even tried changing it to mirror (thought I'd fool that GNOME
>> file, NOT!). SO, this little Food Pantry would be greatly blessed if
>> someone could send me instructions on how I can convert an HTML to
>> something I can get at, and any other work arounds for the EVIL GNOME
>> PRINTER CURSE :).  Tried opening the HTML it up in Word and Explorer,
>> nothing I could use.  Please pardon my HTML ignorance.  Exported to a PDF
>> and lost all the numbers, just got the bar graph.
>> Text only seems to be able to export to .doc. Yada Yada, I know it's open
>> source.  Right now, I'm looking for functionality, and want to be able to
>> learn about open office, other options.  I've created 2008, and once I've
>> got that complete, I can mess around with other options for 2009.
>>

> easiest way for me is to print to pdf
> print or email pdf as required

You can also Export in html - just make sure you use .html as the
extension, and then open an OpenOffice spreadsheet.  Go to Insert->Link
to External Data, and select the file you have just saved.  The popup
will show something like HTML_ALL.  Select that, and the entire file
will appear in the spreadsheet.  You can print it directly, or
manipulate it as you wish.

HTH

Cam

--