How to update my portfolio from Finance::Quote

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 27 01:29:57 EST 2009

I need some help with investment updating please.

I have loaded my stocks and managed to configure things so as to get
finance::quotes working okay.

I have two problems:-

        1. In the coarse of entering and editing stocks I am left with a
        couple that I duplicated in the process.  However, when I try to
        remove the offending one I get the following error message:

        "That commodity is currently used by at least one of your
        accounts. You may not delete it."

        It doesn't seem to matter how much I change the security details
        the message persists.

        2. Although I can (now) successfully get quotes on my stocks I
        am unable to pull them into the relevant stock account to
        reflect an updated value.  While I'm at it, is there a way to
        automate the process?

Dave W