Startup Failure

Mike C. subscribe307 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 2 15:07:25 EDT 2009

Yes, I had a scheduled transaction that was due yesterday and was
entered.  I have another copy of GnuCash on my notebook that is not as
up to date so I  opened it today.  It seemed to work fine but the
scheduled transaction came up to I changed the value needed to 1 and it
entered.  Now that version on the notebook won't open either.  What is
the situation here and how do I fix it?
I hope you can help,
Mike