Entering Data in the Register

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 23:42:27 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Colin Scott <gnucash at double-bars.net> wrote:
[...]
> So my next step was the make the "Enter" key take me to a blank
> transaction.  But in this mode, if I hit "Enter"  too soon I suddenly
> find myself at the bottom of the register, on the blank transaction, and
> if I'm lucky the transaction I was working on remains somewhere further
> up the list.  If I'm *not* lucky, so I haven't completed all the account
> entries, then it is possible that the transaction actually disappears
> completely from *this* register, and I then have to go looking for it in
> some other account's register in order to finish it off.  Again, this is
> all correct behaviour in response to my own entry error, but it is
> horrible nonetheless.

For heavy-duty transaction entry, I always use the General Ledger (in
the Tools menu). All transactions, no matter what accounts they're in,
are visible in this view. So as you're entering your splits and
pressing Enter, the worst that will happen is the transaction jumps up
into its position among the other transactions, ordered by date.

[...]

HTH,

Yawar