opening balance for new vendor?

Merlin Zener merlin.zener at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:58:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

As it's a new year here in Australia, I'm setting up a new file for
the 09/10 financial year.
No trouble entering opening balances in bank accounts etc, but when it
comes to vendors, I don't see a way to set up a new vendor with an
amount outstanding that's not due to be paid till the 21st of July. I
don't really want to just add a transaction on the 1st of July, that
would mess up profit/loss for this month. I'd rather have the total
equity properly recorded as at 1st of July, too...

Can anyone tell me how this is done?

Thanks,
--
Merlin Zener