Transaction Notes

James Raehl james at raehl.us
Sun Jul 5 20:58:02 EDT 2009

A longer version of the note appears at the bottom of the window.
Further, that longer version is editable though the cursor doesn't
appear there.  Yes, it's blind editing.  It appears that many Windows
text edit keys (I don't know about other OS's) work, and the full text
is saved.

I've toyed with the idea of finding out where in the source the editing
is done, and applying a hack which displays the text in the Notes field,
from the CR/LF (Windows) or LF (Linux) immediately previous to the
character the cursor is at.  This hack would appear to be a one-line
scroll.  This likely breaks other stuff if the routine is used globally,
but maybe the hack can be restricted to one-line fields.  The idea may
collapse once the routines are found.