Startup Failure

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 7 11:12:22 EDT 2009

"Mike C." <subscribe307 at verizon.net> writes:

> I can't open the backup file or any other.  What I did next was
> install an old version of  ~/.gnucash that I had saved previously and
> now the program will open with the same data file that would not open
> before and the scheduled transaction is completed.  The only
> difference I can see in the .gnucash directory is that there is a
> desktop.ini file in the bad one and it is not included in the version
> that works.  The .gnucash directory that works includes books and
> checks directories and accelerator-map, expressions-2.0,
> saved-reports-2.0, and stylesheets-2.0 files.  It appears that the
> desktop.ini file caused the problem but I am not sure why it is not
> needed now.  It definitely seems related to execution of the scheduled
> transaction.  Does anyone have any insight into this or is it a bug
> that has been identified that I couldn't fine in the list?
> Mike

The desktop.ini wouldn't be it.   Did you compare the contents of the
other files between the working and non-working versions?  Did you
compare the contents of the accelerator-map, saved-reports, etc. files?

I would guess the saved-reports, but it could be something else.

Another thing to look at would be the files under ~/.gnucash/books and
compare those files between the working and non-working versions.

Note that by compare I don't just mean existance..  I mean look at the
contents and compare the contents of the files.

Thanks,