opening a set of accounts from another computer

Bob Thomson bthomson at web.ca
Fri Jul 10 14:17:31 EDT 2009

I've been using Gnucash for Windows (in Vista) and until I had an EEE PC
crash in May, was successfully using the same data set on both machines.
Now I've finally managed to get Gnucash 2.2.4 running on the EEE PC (701
- Xandros Linux) but can't get it to open the current data from the
Windows version (2.2.9). I get an error saying "Can't parse the URL
/media/D:/gnucash/gnucash_bob.", where gnucash_bob is the latest version
of the Windows accounts on an SD memory card which is seen as drive D:
on the EEE PC. I've tried extracting the file from gnucash_bob as well
but this doesn't work either.

Can anyone help me? (I'm a complete Linux newbie so please keep that in
mind with any instructions.)

Bob Thomson
Ottawa, Canada