Credit Card Split and Cash Flow Report

David Eisner deisner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 11:18:47 EDT 2009

Hello.  I'm having trouble understanding an issue with the Cash Flow report.

First, here are some screen captures to explain what follows:

   http://cradle.brokenglass.com/misc/gnucash.html

I have a credit card account with the following split transaction.
The total charge on the CC (at a restaurant) is $34.76. Of that,
$29.00 went into my "Assets:Loans to Friends" account, and the rest,
$5.76, into the "Expenses:Dining" account.

In the Cash Flow report, however, the entire CC charge, $34.76, is
reported as "Money into selected accounts", where the Selected
Accounts in the report includes "Assets:Loans to Friends", but not (as
expected) "Expenses:Dining".

Shouldn't the money into the selected accounts be reported as $29.00?

This is with GnuCash 2.2.6, though I downloaded and built GnuCash
2.2.9 and see the same behavior.

What am I missing?  Thanks for your help.

-David