File Restoration

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jul 14 16:47:13 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 21:15:19 Michael Leone wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Mike C.<subscribe307 at verizon.net> wrote:
> > I did what you suggested by moving .gnucash to another directory.  (It
> > can't be renamed in Windows XP.)
>
> Yes you can; I just did it. It's a bit round-about, and requires
> administrative privileges, but you could do it, if you wanted to.
> Renaming it back to a name starting with a period non-programmatically
> is much more tricky. :-)
>
> > Any suggestion I could try would be appreciated.
>
> I'm lost; I was only commenting as to the file locations.

Just a suggestion YMMV etc., but because I have several different account
files I start GC by clicking the relevant data file - and it loads
automatically no matter what was open last time.

I did have to set up a mime-type for .xac files within KDE for this - I have
no idea if Windows gets this step done as part of the install of GC or not.

HTH,
Maf.