GC2.2.9 on Mac freezed if file cannot be found

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 15 10:06:49 EDT 2009

On Jul 15, 2009, at 4:27 AM, Jannick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> GnuCash freezed while opening after I moved the GnuCash-file it
> wanted to open
> at start-up. So it seems that it terribly needs the file it was
> closed with last
> time to restart.
>
> Is that a bug - or can this be avoided, since this can happen after
> some tidying
> up the HD?
>
> Best,
> J.

Start with 'gnucash --nofile' and then use the File menu to open the
data file.

What's happening is that gnucash is attempting to display a dialog,
but the splash screen is modal, and the second dialog cannot be
displayed while the splash screen with its progress bar is there, so
everything stops.

Dave
--
David Reiser