Currency symbols

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jul 19 04:38:54 EDT 2009

GnuCash only uses the currency symbol for the current system locale currency.
Indeed, it gets the currency symbol FROM the locale.  As a result it can
only use a single currency symbol at a time, and that is dictated by
the system locale currency.

So no, you cannot get GnuCash to display both £ and € at the same time
with the same data file.  You can do it in different data files at different
times by telling GnuCash to run in a different locale that would give
you GBP as the locale currency when you want to use £ and the EUR as
locale currency when you want to use €.

Hope this helps.

-derek