alternate invoice printing methods

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 13:42:41 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 13:16:32 -0400
sergio_101 <sergio.rrd at gmail.com> dijo:

> checking in to see if there is a better way to print invoices...
>
> i would like to print them so that they would work in window envelopes..
>
> wondering if anyone knew of a reliable method to print via latex..

I don't know how to do it in Latex, but I did manage to do it using
OpenOffice.org Writer.

Basically, I create the invoice in GnuCash (because it needs to be
there for the accounting data anyway), go to the Print Invoice window
and select what options I was able to create in GnuCash, then copy and
paste into a Writer template. I Writer I recorded a couple macros to
reformat the pasted data so it looks the way I want it, including
making the address appear in the correct place for window envelopes.

It would take some time, but I'm sure you could do the same thing with
a script in Latex.

I should also add that there are supposedly going to be some major
improvements to invoices in the next version of GnuCash. You can get
the beta version and see if it solves your problems.