Gnucash "state" information

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Tue Jul 21 09:16:00 EDT 2009

> n $HOME/.gnucash/books/ you'll find a bunch of files.  Find the one
> with the same name are your datafile.  That contains the information
> about what's been opened.

OK, that explains a thing or two!  I have several accounts files, some
sharing the same name, in different directories. I couldn't understand
why sometimes state information is picked up incorrectly.  Now I know!

> > In the same vein, where are preferences stored?
>
> In GConf.

Hmmm.  Why is, for example, the current period considered global
information?  When running multiple sets of books, the current period
will depend on the current set of books, it isn't universal.  Do you mind
if I report this as a bug?

Colin