Pb in installing gnucash

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 2 12:51:19 EDT 2009

Unfortunately, this situation runs into fink's strength/weakness all
rolled into one. I removed the gnucash 1.8.12 files from fink's
depository a couple months ago. But as recently as 4 months ago, I had
people claiming they wanted to keep the old version functional. Fink
rarely does anything that would forcibly remove a working package from
a user's machine. If I made 'gnucash' a dummy package pointing to
gnucash 2.2.9, then anyone with the old version still working could
unexpectedly end up with 2.2.9 instead of 1.8.12 if they did a 'fink
update-all'.

Maybe when OS X 10.4 support in fink lapses I can be more forcible in
wiping the old version out.

Dave