Pb in installing gnucash

Xavier LAROSE x.larose at mac.com
Wed Jun 3 17:04:40 EDT 2009

Thank you for your help and your advice to apply for aid with
effectiveness.

The solution below :

Xavier LAROSE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running Mac OS X 10.5 and trying to install 2 GNUCash 2
> with Fink Commander.
>
> After 2 hours of installation, I have the following message:
>
> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing tetex-base (--install):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> tetex-base
> ### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
>
> I looked in the archives of Fink-beginners and I found a message
> that advised :
>
> I would recommend to do what it says:
>
>  fink reinstall tetex-texmf
>  fink install tetex-base
>
> Somehow your tetex-texmf (which is installed, otherwise tetex-base
> would
> much earlier refuse to install!) is incomplete or corrupt.
>
> In doing : fink reinstall tetex-texmf, I got :
> fink reinstall telex-texmf
> Password:
> Information about 8341 packages read in 2 seconds.
> Failed: no package found for specification 'telex-texmf'!
>
> After I write : fink install tetex-base, I got :
>
> /sw/bin/dpkg : erreur de traitement de tetex-base (--install) :
> le sous-processus post-installation script a retourné une erreur de
> sortie d'état 1
> Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
> tetex-base
> ### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
> Failed: can't install package tetex-base-3.0-1006
>
> So back to square one.
>
> For info, I already delete and then reinstall FINK. I use
> rsync-Selfupdate.
>
> I do not see what I can do more
>
> Thank you in advance for your help
>
> Best regards
>
> Xavier LAROSE

This appears to have shown up very recently, and was due to a 5 year
limit set in the tetex code by its developer.

Do a selfupdate, and update tetex-texmf to version 3.0-2.  You should
then be able to install tetex-base.

- --
Alexander Hansen
Fink User Liaison